As a global community of mechanical engineers represented in over 140 countries, the Institution is the largest network of mechanical engineering knowledge, skill and opportunity in the world. With a growing membership based outside the UK, we develop and maintain key partnerships with leading multi-national employers to ensure their technical workforces are trained to the highest standard. By equipping engineers with the right skills, knowledge and experience to help them develop, we contribute to strengthening the world’s leading companies.
We encourage high profile education initiatives which inspire the next generation to work in engineering, and get engineers featured in the global media and heard by government.
Crane Safety 2021: Innovation for Safer Operation
8 September 2021, Online Live Seminar
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers warmly invites you and your colleagues to Crane Safety 2021, taking place on 8 September as an Online Live Seminar.
Now in its sixth successive year, join engineers, safety professionals, equipment designers, industry regulators and service providers involved with crane operations across a wide variety of projects and industries and find out how to reduce risk of incidents, maintain compliance and make the most of the latest technologies.
Key topics this year include:
- Ben Dobbs from LEEA discusses Monitoring for crane design working period
- Mammoet Global share details about how they are reshaping the entire heavy lift industry
- Health & Safety Executive explain how to avert disaster using learnings from mobile crane incidents
- Liebherr discuss the latest developments in zero-emission crawler crane design in use
- Office for Nuclear Regulation will cover the different lifting expectations for the nuclear industry and the impact of lifting planning
Full details and registration are available on the event website and we look forward to welcoming you to this seminar.
Discount for London Build Expo attendees: book at the Supporting Organisation rate on the website or contact the IMechE Event Enquiries team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and mention the Expo to save on your place.