50% Of London Build's Conference Agenda Is Represented By Female Speakers, A First-Ever For Any Construction Show!
The countdown is on to the UK's leading construction show! London Build returns to Olympia London's Grand Hall for the live expo on the 17th and 18th November.
Come meet, network and do business with thousands of the UK's top contractors, developers, architects, civil engineers and more. This year the show will feature 500+ speakers across 6 stages, hundreds of exhibitors, 200+ CPD sessions, exclusive free-to-attend networking events including Meet the Buyer, Women in Construction and Diversity in Construction, the Festival of Construction with plenty of entertainment, live performances and music, surprise celebrity guests and much, much more.
New to London Build 2021 is the dedicated Diversity & Inclusion stage. Hear from D&I leaders driving change across the industry, as they explore what can be done to make the UK's built environment more diverse and inclusive, with two days of interactive panel discussions and open Q&A. Topics include 'Improving the Image of Construction - Challenging Stereotypes', 'Hear From Leaders Driving Change in LGBTQ+', 'The Future Workforce - Fast Forward to a Completely Diverse Industry', 'The Importance of Mentoring and Leadership', 'Attracting and Retaining Diverse Talent' to name a few.
London Build are very proud to announce that this year's show will have a 50/50 split of men and women across the conference agenda, a first-ever for any construction show! Hear from a diverse and wide range of industry leaders from across the sector, including:
- Dr Marzia Bolpagni, Head of BIM International, Associate Director - Mace Group
- Jenny McLaughlin, Project Manager - Heathrow
- Frances McAndrew, Global Head of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion - Mott MacDonald
- Angela Brady, Director - Brady Mallalieu Architects
- Dr Wei Yang, President - Royal Town Planning Institute
- Amanprit Arnold, Senior Infrastructure Planning and Policy Officer - Greater London Authority
- Annette Fisher, Founder and Chair - Let's Build
- Sheryl Moore, Group Social Sustainability Manager - Kier Group
- Miranda Sharp, Stream Lead, National Digital Twin Programme - Centre for Digital Built Britain
- Olaide Obog, Director of Partnerships - First Base
- Christina Riley, Senior Planner - Quinn London Ltd
- Joanne Flaherty, Project Director - Bouygues UK
- Marylis Ramos, Director - PRP Architects
- Jyoti Sehdev (She/Her), Group Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Lead and Senior Engineer - Costain
Take part in the UK's largest networking event for women in construction. Talk to and feel inspired by fellow architects, contractors, engineers, designers and other diversity champions from all sectors that make up the construction industry. In partnership with NAWIC, this event is free-to-attend and gives visitors the chance to share their experiences with a group of like-minded people. From graduates to Heads of Departments and CEOs to government officials, this is the place to build connections and hear about what is being done to make lasting change.
Once again this year, London Build is working with a large team of inspiring Diversity and Women in Construction Ambassadors. These Ambassadors who are passionate about driving equality, diversity and change, have helped shape discussions at the show and you can network with them at the event to exchange ideas and milestones.
Dates to mark in your diaries:
- London Build Expo - 17th & 18th Nov
- Women in Construction Networking Event - 18th Nov 10am - 11.30pm
- Diversity in Construction Networking Event - 17th Nov 4pm - 5.30pm
London Build Expo is free to attend and promises to be two fun-filled days of high-level content, networking opportunities and endless entertainment.'