Panel Discussion: The Balance Between Passive Housing and Health and Wellbeing
• Impact of design and airtightness, whole-house ventilation, Air Quality – CO2 monitoring
• EEESH2 in Scotland – sensors are apart of the solution
• Architectural design, airtightness - What is the impact on health and wellbeing
• Resident behaviour and ability to understand new technology – Ethical approach and engagement
Tina Mistry, Relationships Manager, Aico
Diba Salam, Founder and Principle Architect, Studio DS
Marylis Ramos, Director, Development Consultancy, PRP Architects
Olga Turner Baker MRICS WELL AP, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Ekkist
Steven Rankin, Associate Director & Passivhaus Designer, Architype
Panel Discussion: Towards Transparency in the Built Environment
• Digital trends in buildings
• How a focus on data can help optimise building performance
• Improving the use of resources
• Moving towards buildings that can respond to the climate emergency
Lachlan Miles, Product Lead, Oasys MassMotion
Sotiria Lavasa, Smart Buildings Specialist and Senior Engineer, Arup
Alex Kaitsis MCIOB, Project Manager, MSc, MEng, Faithful & Gould
Nigel Ostime, Partner, Hawkins\Brown
Dipa Joshi, Partner, Fletcher Priest Architects
Rory Bergin, Partner, Sustainable Futures, HTA Design
Juan A. Morillas, Architect Associate, BDP
Presentation: Meeting the Requirements for Building Exteriors that can Stand the Test of Time
Speaker: Lucie Garreau-Iles, Regional Technical Leader, EMEA, DuPont Tedlar®
Panel Discussion: The Importance of Design and Quality Materials in Building for the Future
Colin Westpfel, Head of Design, Balfour Beatty
Gemma Rees, Project Leader, Laing O'Rourke
Harry Ibbs, ARB, Europe Design Technology Studio Director, Gensler
Bart Van Cleynenbreugel, Business Development Manager, Lampre
Lucie Garreau-Iles, Regional Technical Leader, EMEA, DuPont Tedlar®
Panel Discussion: Build Back Better – De-risking the Construction Industry
• What 'risk' in the current climate means to clients, main contractors and subcontractors, and ways they are managing risk.
• Contracting methods
• Contractor and supply chain cash flow and the importance of collaboration and fair payment
• Can innovation play a part in de-risking the construction industry?
Angus McAlpine, Head of Partnerships, Payapps
Mark Farmer, CEO & Founder, Cast Consultancy and Author of the Farmer Review
Anne Smales, Deputy Commercial Director, Bouygues UK
Steve Gratte, Supply Chain Director, Gratte Brothers
Panel Discussion: Lessons Learnt About 5D BIM Adoption
• What's the current state of play of 5D BIM in the industry?
• What are the successes and failures encountered thus far?
• What more can be done by other parties to assist with 5D BIM implementation?
• Where do we go from here?
Matthew Donnison, Lead Consultant - EMEA, RIB Solutions UK
Milan Parmar, Senior Consultant, RIB Solutions UK
Luke Barker, Director, WT Partnership
Nohman Awan, Digital Construction Lead, Balfour Beatty
Ian Levers, Technical Principal - Head of Cost Management (UK & Europe), Mott MacDonald
Adam Hutchinson, Associate, Arcadis
Panel Discussion: Data and Insights in Construction: Where Builders Can Get a Competitive Edge
• The challenges facing construction businesses today in achieving value from data
• How technology is helping businesses solve the problem of siloed, incomplete and legacy data
• How forward thinking businesses are approaching the insights challenge in 2021
Brandon Oliveri-O’Connor, Director of EMEA, Procore
Malcolm Clarke, Managing Director, Baxall Construction
Jack Butchart, Divisional Manager, Quinn London Ltd
Charles Bull, Operations Director, HBS Southern
Panel Discussion: Building Modern Day Values into Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Moderator: Doug Aris, UK Head of Construction, Achilles
Lily Crompton, Senior Sustainability Manager, ISG
Frank Blande, Senior Sustainability Manager, Multiplex
Robert Spencer, Director, Sustainable Development, AECOM
Ben Rowe, Group Procurement Manager, VolkerWessels UK
Sean Kelly, Head of Procurement, McGee
Presentation: The Importance of Specifying a Tested System in Flat Roof Applications
• What is Tapered Insulation and how it works
• When should Tapered Insulation be used
• Single layer Vs Multi layer
• Design details and materials used + new products.
• What we would need from you
• Case studies and overview
Speaker: Jon Parsons, Housebuilding and Specification Manager, Recticel
Panel Discussion: Fabric First - Maximising Building Performance
Simon Blackham, Chair of the Insulation Manufacturers Association’s Technical Committee, Technical Manager at Recticel Insulation
Stefano Paiocchi, Senior Associate, Zaha Hadid Architects
Loreana Padron, Associate Director / Head of Sustainability, ECD Architects
Jonathan Abbott, Associate, Keegans
Darren Evans, Managing Director, Darren Evans
Jon Parsons, Housebuilding and Specification Manager, Recticel
Panel Discussion: Adding Value to Projects Through True Construction Partnerships
• Why collaboration is key from planning and design through to project completion
• How can this reduce costs, waste, delays and other common construction problems?
• Why this partnership is crucial in prefabrication construction techniques
• How can building product manufacturers best serve all clients and groups involved?
Christi Dunkley, VP of Market Development, Longboard Products
Iain Liversage, Technical Manager, Cambridge Investment Partnership
Peter Jackson, Director, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM)
Eric Spohn, President, Spohn Associates
Sidonie Immler, Associate Partner, Foster + Partners
Lee Bridges, Operations Director, Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick
WATCH ON-DEMAND VIDEO
Panel Discussion: Designing Compliance in the Fifth Façade
- Develop an understanding of the compliance criteria that are critical to flat roof design
- Examine the regulatory importance of tapered falls and the correct calculation of U-values at gutter details
- Explore why controlling acoustics is a priority in modern flat roof specification
- Determine where Approved Document B will require compartmentation and junction details to be considered in flat roof construction
Paul Barrett, Head of Product Management, ROCKWOOL UK
Robert Vass, Director, TaperedPlus
Cathal Quinn, Group Commercial Director, MOY Materials
Justin Lewis, Technical Specification Manager (Flat Roofing), ROCKWOOL UK
William Wigfield, Product Manager (Building Envelope), ROCKWOOL UK
A Safer Future – What do we need to do to ensure we are designing and constructing fire resilient buildings?Online
Panel Discussion: A Safer Future – What do we need to do to ensure we are designing and constructing fire resilient buildings?
• Where does the industry need to go to ensure our buildings are resilient?
• Is there enough clarity on functional requirements of Building Regulations?
• What role should manufacturers play in developing products and solutions to help drive fire safety?
• Does regulatory guidance drive a focus on achieving compliance rather than fire safety?
Mike Leonard, CEO, Building Alliance
Gary Neal, Head of Fire, Skanska
Doug Cumming, Head of Sales, Blue Chyp Ltd
Farrokh Azad, Senior Fire Engineer, Sweco
Pete McDermott, Managing Director - Europe West & APAC, Leviat
Panel Discussion: Raising the Grade: The Evolution of Fire protection in Residential Dwellings - How New Fire Detection and Alarm System Technology can Better Protect People and Property
• How the latest developments in fire detection and alarm system technology are being used to make people safer in the wake of the Grenfell disaster.
• How property can also be better protected, reducing the societal loss of people’s homes and the need for re-housing and care following a fire
• How interfacing local ‘Grade C’ monitored fire alarm systems to a communal ‘Grade A’ system with Cloud based connectivity has many advantages for building occupants, landlords, firefighters and other stakeholders
• Why it is important to consider all of a dwelling’s occupants, current and future, and to ensure that systems are inclusive and meet the demands of the Equality Act
• Examples of ‘real-life’ applications where new technology is being used to great effect and a discussion on why there appears to be a reluctance by some to use it
Andy Green, Marketing Manager, C-Tec
Andy Scott, Projects Director, C-Tec
John Blundell, Head of Solid State Living
Phil Murphy, HRRB Fire Safety Management Consultant
John Westerman, Director, Allied Fire
Gary Flockton, Fire Safety Systems Manager, IFC Group
Panel Discussion: Reducing Fire Risk in London’s High-rise Residential Buildings
- What impact is the current fire regulation having on the market?
- How can we address fire risk on buildings during design and construction?
- What further fire policy changes should be considered?
- How will the new Building Safety Bill help growth within the industry
- What more is required from stakeholders in the industry to reduce fire risk?
- Can end user change be driven to reduce fire risk?
Nick Haughton, Technical Expert, Sapphire
Roy Wilsher OBE QFSM, Chair, National Fire Chiefs Council
Jon Pagan, Fire Industry Association Representative
Andrew Parsons, Founder, Sapphire
Phil Murphy, HRRB Fire Safety Management Consultant
Tim Jackson, Partner, calfordseaden
Russ Timpson, Managing Director, Crisisboardroom and Tall Building Fire Safety Network