Dan leads the team responsible for delivering the regeneration of the Royal Docks a joint initiative between the Mayor of London and the Mayor of Newham. The project is the Mayor of London’s largest land-led regeneration project and a designated Enterprise Zone. Dan is accountable for the delivery of a portfolio of major mixed-use development projects, estate and facilities management functions and a comprehensive programme of cultural placemaking, promotional and investment activity.
Key achievements include:
- Securing planning permission and managing the development of over 800,000sq/m of commercial development and 6,000 homes
- Securing £500m to date of private development finance
- Working with GLA, LBN and TfL to develop an Economic Vision, Cultural Vision and Infrastructure Delivery Plan
- Securing the use of up to £380m of business rate income in the Royal Docks
- Designing and establishing the Royal Docks Enterprise Zone Programme Board
- Designing and recruiting a new joint delivery team and establishing a new office
In addition to the development of the strategic development sites within the Royal Docks, Dan has led the successful procurement of development partners for Stephenson Street and Silvertown Way, two strategic developments sites in Newham that will deliver 4,500 homes.
Dan is a non-executive director of Renaisi an award winning regeneration company and social enterprise.
Prior to joining the GLA, Dan was Associate Director at AECOM Design and Planning. In this role he project managed and delivered masterplans, development frameworks and infrastructure delivery plans for the Olympic Legacy, Peterborough South Bank, Hackney Wick & Fish Island and Baniyas in Abu-Dhabi.
- Development Partner Procurement
- Investment and Funding Strategies
- Deal Structuring and Contract Negotiation
What the UK's construction industry is saying about London Build..
This was our first year at London Build and we have already booked for next year. We managed to achieve more than we anticipated from the show and are already looking forward to London Build 2018
This was our First London Build and it proved to be both exciting and productive with a number of very high quality leads. We’ll definitely be back next year
London Build is THE construction show for London. A must attend
COUNTDOWN TO LONDON BUILD!