Gesine is a talented urban designer with 18 years of experience for various practices in Germany, China and the UK. Having worked with a range of projects, she has become highly trained in masterplanning, urban design, public realm, planning policy and engineering.
With now extensive experience developing high-profile projects for Transport for London (TfL) and the Department of Transport (DfT), Gesine has proven ability to lead design and place-making projects associated with major movement infrastructure and active travel within complex stakeholder relationships and harnessing development potential.
Gesine’s passion for integrating movement as a key driver for development and place-making is also evident in her wider masterplanning work, where essential infrastructure, access requirements and public realm form an essential part in design quality and value generation.
- Extensive experience in high-quality urban design, place making, masterplanning, policy development and regeneration.
- Significant experience in the urban integration of movement infrastructure (active travel, bus, rail and underground stations), including oversite development.
- Experienced in urban and town planning policy development, design codes, site allocation and outline planning applications.
- Specialist experience in urban movement strategies and regeneration projects of highly complex locations.
- Experienced working both in a client and consultant role within the public and private sector, including central and local government, Network Rail, Homes England, major landowners and investors.
- Project stages and scope include feasibility studies, business case development, design advocacy, project management, client and design team liaison, and stakeholder management.