Steven Eglinton BSc (Hons), FBCS, FCart.S, MIoD, MIAM, MPWI
Steven is a very experienced geospatial information management and digital transformation specialist with 20 years' experience of strategic definition, project management & hands-on solutions implementation, particularly within the physical asset management, Built Environment and Natural Environment sectors.
His background is in mapping, Geospatial solutions and GIS, but now consults on project and asset information management and modelling in the widest context. Most often Steven works with Central Government as well as Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner Operator (AECOO) and asset management clients, including such as rail infrastructure companies, engineering, utilities companies and property developers.
Summary of Experience
- 20 years' experience in Information Management, Digital Construction, Digital Engineering and BIM
- Information Management leadership in public, private and third sectors
- Corporate Geospatial Solutions
- Corporate Data Management and Business Intelligent
BIM Tutoring Roles
- ICE BIM Implementation - Putting People First (Author and Principal Tutor, 2015 to present)
- ICE BIM for Infrastructure (Guest Tutor, 2015 to present)
- Creator and Tutor of 'BIM 101' and 'BIM for Geospatial Professionals' (2014 to present)
- Author and Tutor of many bespoke BIM Training courses in the UK and across Europe e.g. Transgaz, Romania
- BSI BIM Training courses Globally and UK (BIM Tutor, 2017 to present - via partners Digital Node)
- CIOB BIM Training (Guest Tutor, 2018 to present - via partners Digital Node)
Industry Leadership Roles
- Chair, BIM & Digital Construction Summit, London Build - 2017 to present
- Chair, BIM4 Infrastructure UK
- Chair, GEOBusiness 2017 / Committee member 2014 to present
- Chair, Infrastructure Asset Management Exchange 2018
What the UK's construction industry is saying about London Build..
It was our first time as an exhibitor and London Build Expo did not disappoint. It proved to be both exciting and productive. Looking forward to next year.
Certainly the best Expo I’ve been to with regards to meeting the desired audience!
London Build 2018 was our first year as exhibitors & we thoroughly enjoyed it. The show had plenty of interaction and interest!
London Build is a busy and vibrant expo bringing together large to small players in architecture, interior design, building, construction and refurbishment. I would recommend it as both an exhibitor and as a visitor.
We attended as a visitor for the first time last year and were impressed enough to rebook for this year. The standard of visitors that came to the stand was really good and the variety of roles from MD’s to electricians was excellent and some meaningful conversations took place, we met people that we would not have been able to access during a normal working week. It was a well organised event, very easy for the exhibitor and a really good atmosphere throughout, I would recommend that anyone who visited with a view to taking stand space in 2019 should go for it.
I would wholeheartedly recommend exhibiting at London Build.
We had a great time exhibiting at this year’s show. We met a real mix of individuals and companies, collected some valuable leads and found it an excellent platform to showcase our new fire safe building wrap material to the market.
A very well organised exhibition. From the initial booking of our stand, design, social media coverage and logistics; London Build 2018 was a breeze to organise and exhibit at. The layout of the floorplan was very clear and enabled exhibitors to find stands they were interested in and engage with exhibitors. We certainly made a lot of new contacts and would recommend London Build!
London Build is THE construction show for London. A must attend
The London Build Expo was a well organised and attended event. The quality of the speakers and the discussion was high and there was a progressive development of new products and materials on show.
London Build Expo was a wonderful event. I particularly enjoyed the balance of like-minded professions and stimulating debate. There was never a moment without something of interest to see
London Build Expo was a great experience bringing together all facets of building construction and operation. Highly recommended!
COUNTDOWN TO LONDON BUILD!